Submissions for the SimpsonHaugh B.15 Modelmaking awards are now open. This year all submissions are required as a PDF document as detailed below.
Remember that the awards are open to MSA’s BA 3rd year and both 5th and 6th year of MArch. There are 3 prizes for BA and 3 prizes for MArch.
As the awards are judged on overall use of modelmaking as well as stand alone projects we recommend taking time to refine your submission so take your time including as few or many project models as you wish. Featured projects will need to be visible at the exhibition on the afternoon of June 7th even if only place there for that time.
Shortlisted projects will be announced on June 6th before being judged by representatives of B.15, MSA and SimpsonHaugh on Friday June 7th where the winners will also be announced.
- Maximum 350 Words in the main body of text explaining:
a) Your project brief, its location and purposeb) Your use of modelmaking, scale, material and processes that you have used and why.
- Text should be in Effra Font (file included if you don’t have it on your computer) Size 10
- Place 3 to 6 images of your modelmaking work (over the 2 pages) in its completed state these can include process images.
- Each image should be titled appropriately as shown in the example page layout.
- 2 x separate A4 pages only
- Saved as a 2 Page PDF
The submission InDesign template (preset basic format for your submission), Effra Font and past example submission can be downloaded here as a ZIP Document.
Please send completed PDF files to email@example.com no later than 18.00 on Friday 31st May.
Best of Luck,
Jim, Scott and Saul